I swear there used to be a T-shirt for sale featuring the immortal words:
(我发誓曾经有一件T恤出售,上面写着不朽的话:)
What part of
(什么部分)
do you not understand?
(你不明白吗?)
In my case, the answer would be... all of it!
(就我而言,答案就是......全部!)
In particular, I often see notation like this in Haskell papers, but I have no clue what any of it means.
(特别是,我经常在Haskell论文中看到这样的符号,但我不知道它的含义是什么。)
I have no idea what branch of mathematics it's supposed to be. (我不知道它应该是什么样的数学分支。)
I recognise the letters of the Greek alphabet of course, and symbols such as "?" (which usually means that something is not an element of a set).
(我当然认识到希腊字母的字母,以及诸如“?”之类的符号(通常意味着某些东西不是一组的元素)。)
On the other hand, I've never seen "?" before ( Wikipedia claims it might mean "partition" ).
(另一方面,我以前从未见过“?”( 维基百科称它可能意味着“分区” )。)
I'm also unfamiliar with the use of the vinculum here. (我也不熟悉这里使用的vinculum。)
(Usually it denotes a fraction, but that does not appear to be the case here.) ((通常它表示一小部分,但不会出现在这里是这种情况。))
If somebody could at least tell me where to start looking to comprehend what this sea of symbols means, that would be helpful.
(如果有人至少可以告诉我从哪里开始想要理解这个符号海洋的含义,那将会有所帮助。)
ask by MathematicalOrchid translate from so 与恶龙缠斗过久,自身亦成为恶龙;凝视深渊过久,深渊将回以凝视…